After an anniversary celebration at Murphin Ridge Inn in Adams County Ohio with peace and quiet and rich wonderful food I needed something simple for Sunday’s dinner. Makes 2 servings.
Baked Red Snapper
1 Red Snapper filet – about 1/2 – 3/4 pound
1 Tbs. butter
Pinch of basil, oregano, and thyme (my pinch equals about 1/4 – 1/2 tsp.)
Salt and Pepper to taste.
1 tomato, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
- Melt the butter in the microwave and add spices. Spread butter mixture onto the red snapper.
2. Sprinkle olives, tomato and minced clove on top.
3. Bake fish at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until fish is done. Fish should flake when done.
Snap Peas and Carrots Stir Fry (any vegetables would work with this Stir Fry)
2 cups of snap peas, wash and remove strings
1 cup sliced carrots
1 Tbs. chicken or vegetable broth
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 clove chopped
Salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, to taste
2 Tbs. Canola oil
- Heat wok. Flick water into pan and when it sizzles it is ready.
- Swirl in canola oil and add chopped clove. Stir fry for 20 -30 seconds.
- Add Snap Peas and carrots and stir fry until snap peas are bright green
- Combine broth and soy sauce. Add around the side of wok and mix together.
- Sprinkle on salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- You can use a large skillet to cook veggies, but if you love the result of stir frying it is well worth the investment to buy a wok.