There’s nothing like ordering pizza on a Friday night. The next best thing is making your own pizza. Except for the crust it is homemade. Adapted from Food and Wine cookbook.
Pillsbury pizza crust.
1 russet baking potato, peeled, sliced thin.
1 sweet potato, peeled, sliced thin
Olives – kalamata, green or Greek olives, sliced
Red, yellow, green peppers, if desired
Basil, oregano, and rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel and wash russet potato. Slice into thin slices. Spray olive or canola oil on baking pan. Place russet potatoes on oiled pan. Place another baking pan on top and put into oven. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Peel and wash sweet potato. Slice into thin slices. Place on oiled baking pan. Place another baking pan on top and put into oven. Bake for 8 minutes.
- While waiting for potatoes to bake, take pizza dough out of container and place on oiled pizza pan. Shape into a rectangle. Brush olive oil onto dough.
- When potatoes are cooked place on top of pizza dough. Place olives on top.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with basil, oregano and rosemary.
- You can add other ingredients such as green or red peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni, as desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown.