1 clean mason jar
Corn, either from the cob or frozen corn
Black beans, rinsed and drained
1 pkg. of taco seasoning
Chicken or Beef
Mexican or Cheddar cheese
Toppings you like or taco salad might include black olives, green onions, red onions, lettuce, tomato.
- Cook whether meat you want to use using the directions on taco package.
- Put 1-2 Tablespoons of salsa in the bottom of the jar.
- Place the heavier items next: beans, corn, chicken or beef.
- Next place the lighter items – onions, tomatoes, olives, cheese
- Place the lettuce last if you use it.
- Place the lid on top and store in the refrigerator.
- Salad in a jar will keep for 5 days in the refrigerator.
- When ready to eat shake the jar or place on a plate to eat.
One of my go to recipes is shrimp with a side of saute spinach. Not only is it healthy but it is easy to make.
1 bunch of spinach
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tbs. butter
1 pound shrimp
Emeril essence spice
To cook the shrimp:
Heat olive oil in a hot skillet. Take the shells off the shrimp and place in a bowl.
Sprinkle Emeril essence on the shrimp and toss. Turn the shrimp over when the bottom is pink. Cook until pink.
Wash the spinach and lay it on paper towels and squeeze out all the water. You may also use a salad spinner but paper towels work just as well.
Heat a skillet on medium heat. Place the butter and minced garlic in the pan. Melt the butter and saute the garlic for a few seconds. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Tear half of the spinach in to bite size pieces and put in broth. Saure Spinach for 10 – 20 seconds. Add the rest of the spinach and cook for a few seconds until the second batch of spinach is just starting to wilt.
Add some french bread and some white wine and you have a simply good meal.