Ingredients: 4 chicken thighs or breasts Salt and pepper
1 Tablespoon vegetable
1 pound small red potatoes, unpeeled, quartered
2 medium parsnips, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
4 medium carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch pieces
4 shallots, peeled and quartered
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, oregano and rosemary
Directions: 1. Move the oven rack to the middle position of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place foil on a baking sheet.
2. Wash chicken pieces and dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a 12 inch skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add oil. 4. Place the chicken skin side down and cook until well browned,
5 to 7 minutes. Turn over and cook until lightly browned, 15 minutes more.
5. Cut potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and shallots into 1-inch pieces.
6. Add vegetables to the skillet. Sprinkle rosemary, oregano and thyme on browned chicken. Toss to coat.
Place vegetables on foil lined baking pan.
7. Place chicken on top of the vegetables. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until chicken reaches a temperature of 160 degrees. 8. Remove the baking pan from the oven. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with foil and let rest. 9. Stir the vegetables and return to the oven until tender, about 15 minutes.