- Take the number of eggs you wish to poach out of the refrigerator and set aside.
2. Put a pan of cold water on the stove top and heat until boiling (med-high heat).
3. Crack 1-2 eggs into a glass bowl. Add to the boiling water. If you feel comfortable you can crack the eggs right into the boiling water.
4. For hard cooked poach eggs cook for 10 minutes, for soft poached eggs cook for 4 minutes.
5. Remove eggs from the pan with a slotted spoon. Tap spoon with eggs on a paper towel to remove more water. Then place on a plate.
Eggs and Toast