This is a very easy and quick way to add vegetables to your meal. Wash and peel the carrots and season with the spices below or experiment with the ones you like. This was paired with grilled steak but the carrots may easily be served with poultry or seafood.
3-4 whole carrots
Salt and Pepper
1. Wash and peel carrots.
2. Cut carrots into half and then cut into half again. Place the flat side of the carrot on the cutting board and cut the carrot into thirds. Repeat with rest of carrots. Cutting them the same size ensures even cooking.
4. Place carrots in a bowl. Add olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix together.
5. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place a foil covered baking sheet in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and place sliced carrots onto pan. Sprinkle thyme and cilantro onto carrots.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Turn over after 10 minutes.