1 clean mason jar
Corn, either from the cob or frozen corn
Black beans, rinsed and drained
1 pkg. of taco seasoning
Chicken or Beef
Mexican or Cheddar cheese
Toppings you like or taco salad might include black olives, green onions, red onions, lettuce, tomato.
- Cook whether meat you want to use using the directions on taco package.
- Put 1-2 Tablespoons of salsa in the bottom of the jar.
- Place the heavier items next: beans, corn, chicken or beef.
- Next place the lighter items – onions, tomatoes, olives, cheese
- Place the lettuce last if you use it.
- Place the lid on top and store in the refrigerator.
- Salad in a jar will keep for 5 days in the refrigerator.
- When ready to eat shake the jar or place on a plate to eat.