It’s spring and in southwest Ohio that means local strawberries. So last weekend, despite the call for rain showers we headed to Berries and Blooms. We’ve had a lot of rain in the last few weeks so the berries were a little water logged. Still they are sweeter than what can be found in the store.
1. Decide how many hard boiled eggs you want to prepare.
Prep and cook time: 15 minutes
Egg Salad sandwich
Sliced hard boiled egg on salad
2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 splashes of white wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Wash Brussels sprouts and cut in half.
2. Slice each half into thin slices.
3. Add butter and olive oil to skillet. When butter is melted add shredded Brussels sprouts.
4. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add 2 splashes of white wine vinegar. Saute a few more seconds.
6. Add salt and pepper.
7. Remove from pan to a serving dish and add Parmesan cheese.